3rd Sep – 11th Sep 2016
Spiti on Wheels
Spiti on Wheels is one of biggest self drive car expeditions to Spiti.
Wanderers Adventure invites adventure thirsty participants to drive their machines in a Spiti bound convoy through rugged terrain & engage in a wide range of adventure sports activities en-route.
Spiti on Wheels 2016 empowers its participants to drive with a group of like minded people alongside jagged rocky mountains, deep gorges, precipitous valleys, gushing rivers, soaring snowcapped peaks & much more.
The convoy will be led & controlled by Wanderers’ crew comprising high altitude terrain driving experts who have extensive convoy experience. The fleet is escorted by a medical practitioner & an expert car mechanic in a recovery van, for increased health & safety.
Please ask for our recent Ladakh on Wheels expedition testimonials/pictures etc.
The convoy will be led & controlled by Wanderers’ crew comprising high-altitude terrain driving experts who have extensive convoy experience. Escorted by a medical practitioner & an expert car mechanic the fleet will be augmented by a recovery van & ample medical supplies.
Adventure Sports in Spiti on Wheels
Para-gliding at Solang Valley*: – Roll off the Solang hill slopes & float above the mesmerizing valley. A bird’s eye view of Manali will be one of your many memorable experiences on this trip.
Camping & Bonfire at Kalpa: – With stunning panoramic views of the surrounding enjoy true Glamping (glamorous camping).
Camping at Chandra Taal: – Spend the evening by the waters & sleep with the sound of the placid lake.
* Price of the activity is not included in the brochure price. There’s an add on price for each activity
Crew and Convoy Support
Our crew comprises some highly experienced expedition drivers. Our convoy will be piloted by our Wanderers Adventure guide, a rally veteran in Himalayan & Thar desert regions.
Fleet cars controlling the convoy will be driven by our terrain expert drivers. With experience of numerous road trips to Spiti in the last 3 years, our crew member floating the convoy will bring, vast amount of knowledge of the routes & the weather, and a great repository of folklore.
Our travel guru will be in the crew car at the rear. Over 6 years in the travel industry & with over 10 years of travel exposure across the Indian sub-continent, our founder will ensure nobody falls behind.
Other crew members include avid global travelers well versed with the operational requirements of an expedition.
- Route & Accommodation
find below the itinerary & hotel details
- Health & Safety
Check out the survival guide to Safe & healthy trip
Check out the packages options
Check out various pictures and fun you can have
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
- Day 5
- Day 6
- Day 7
- Day 8
- Day 9
- 3 - 5
- 2 - 3
- 2 - 3
- 3 - 4
- 3 - 4
- 2 - 4
Health & Safety
Health & safety is the underlying theme of our expedition. We have taken extra care in making this expedition absolutely stress free for our fellow drivers not just from a medical & health risk perspective, but also from a mechanical/vehicle risk point of view as well.
- The convoy is led & controlled by high altitude terrain driving experts who have extensive experience of such convoy drives. They will convey the right assistance & guidance in tough mountain driving conditions.
- A medical practitioner with extensive medical equipment including oxygen supply etc will escort the convoy in high altitude conditions to combat high altitude sickness & other health risks.
- An expert car mechanic equipped with proper tools & a recovery van will escort the convoy.
- Route scouting: Our team will do the entire route check a few days in advance to be updated about the road conditions.
- Accommodation - Hotels & Camps, camping equipment for self camps
- Food – Breakfast & Dinner.
- Route planning, convoy crew lead & control vehicles, daily activity scheduling (refreshments stops, local information & trivia etc), walkie-talkie for each car etc.
- All govt./army permits within Spiti region.
- Recovery van in case of car breakdown. On the spot repairs & labor is included. Spares are not included. Read T&Cs
- Medical supplies & equipment including first aid, basic survival kit & altitude specific supplies.
- Accompanying car mechanic & medical personnel.
- Photos and video interviews of you, and videos of you in action. For those life time memories.
- Vehicle, Fuel, any oil, gas etc. Car spare-parts, tyres, service costs, traffic violation fines. Road taxes, state taxes, tolls etc.
- Adventure sports costs: Paragliding & Zorbing in Solang & rafting in Spiti. These can be included by paying over & above the brochure price, or can be paid at time of participating in these activities.
- Passenger travel tickets to Delhi. No domestic or international tickets are included.
- Medical Insurance or travel insurance.
- Any costs attributable to vehicle repair which is carried out anywhere else than the place of breakdown, or which cannot be reasonably carried out by our recovery vehicle & mechanic at the time/place of breakdown.
- Any costs attributable to treatment of sickness/ill-health which cannot be reasonably treated by our expedition medical personnel or using our expedition medical equipment or which is carried out anywhere other than place of occurrence of ill-health or sickness.
- Any costs incurred for change in itinerary due to things beyond WA control, like weather, closed roads etc.
- We invite participants from all around the country. We encourage the participants to drive their own vehicles. Wanderers Adventures’ Spiti on Wheels is a self drive expedition & is not aimed at providing a taxi or a car with driver. Extremely exceptional cases will be treated with special considerations, & will entail extra costs over & above the price specified in this document.
- All driving participants must have a valid Indian driving license or an International driving license valid in India. We may at our discretion accept or reject, any application.
- The charges specified are on basis of twin sharing per person, and includes accommodation, breakfast and dinner. No refunds will be entertained for any unused services
- Safekeeping of the participants vehicle, belongings or any personal items would be sole responsibility of the participant.
- Vehicle mileage and fuelling needs of the vehicle should be taken care by the participant, as extra fuel would not be carried by WA team.
- Wanderers Adventure Sports Pvt Ltd will not be held responsible for any changes to the itinerary, amendments or exclusions to the expedition plan and will not be liable for any costs or claims arising from the same, if the changes or exclusions have been the direct or indirect result of a natural disasters, accidents, severe weather changes, or govt or military actions. Wanderers’ crew will go the extra mile in accommodating any such event, to ensure minimum impact to our clients. And as far as reasonably possible we will look to partially refund in case the expedition is cut short in the number activities or the number of days as outlined in this document.
- The recovery vehicle & the car mechanic support is provided as part of the expedition. Not included in this service are any costs attributable to vehicle repair which is carried out anywhere else than the place of breakdown, or which cannot be reasonably carried out by our recovery vehicle & mechanic at the time/place of breakdown. For eg if there is a major incident like the axle breaks. If the mechanic is not able to repair the vehicle, then it will have to be sent to the nearest workshop. Spare parts cost is also not included.
- The medical equipments & the doctor support is provided as part of the expedition. Not included in this service are any costs attributable to treatment of sickness/ill-health, which cannot be reasonably treated by our expedition Doctor or using our expedition medical supplies or which is carried out anywhere else than place of occurrence of ill-health or sickness. WA crew will go beyond their contractual obligation & will aim to provide extended assistance in taking care of the participant’s vehicle & transporting the participant to a safe place where the participant will get good medical help. Cost arising of such incidents would have to be paid by the participants, WA having no liability
- Limitation of Liability: These terms and conditions govern the relation between you, the participant and WA (Wanderers Adventure). You will be bound by these terms and conditions upon joining this expedition. WA responsibility would be limited because of the fact that we liaise with 3rd parties such as hotels, adventure sports companies and other such companies for various arrangements for this expedition.
- Payment policy:
- 25% amount to be paid at the time of booking
- 50% amount to be paid by 45 days before travel
- 25% amount to be paid before 30 days of travel
- Cancellation & Refund Policy:
- Full Refund before 45 days of travel
- 75% refund between 30 to 45 days of travel
- 50% refund between 15 to 30 days of travel
- No refund for less than 15 days cancellation