26th June – 8th July 2018
The road trip that never stops exciting you, one which is full of adventure, nature, fun, history and all the pleasures a road trip can give you, one which will test your abilities sometime and sometimes test your patience, and at times check how tough you are, Ladakh on Wheels is back. Wanderers Adventure Sports brings to you the timeless, convoy based self drive experience through exotic locations across the great himalayas.
Ladakh on Wheels is one of the biggest self drive car expeditions to Ladakh Region.
Driving to Ladakh is one of the most exhilarating life experiences. Ladakh on Wheels empowers its participants to drive with a group of like minded people alongside spectacular mountains, gorgeous gorges, precipitous valleys, gushing rivers, soaring snowcapped peaks & much more. Leave the city-life hustle bustle behind, & reinvigorate yourself in this 13 day drive, paraglide, raft, camp expedition.
The convoy will be led & controlled by Wanderers’ crew comprising high-altitude terrain driving experts who have extensive convoy experience. Escorted by a medical practitioner & an expert car mechanic the fleet will be augmented by a recovery van & ample medical supplies and ambulance for your health & safety.
Adventure Sports & exciting activities in the mighty
Optional – At extra cost
- Paragliding in Solang Valley*
- Zorbing in Solang Valley*
- White water rafting in Zanskar*
- Mountaineering in Jispa*
- Camping & bon-fires in Pangong & Nubra
- Bactrian camel ride in Hunder*
- Off Roading in Nubra
- Route & Accommodation
find below the itinerary & hotel details
- Health & Safety
Check out the survival guide to Safe & healthy trip
Check out the packages options
Check out various pictures and fun you can have
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
- Day 5
- Day 6
- Day 7
- Day 8
- Day 9
- Day 10
- Day 11
- Day 12
- Day 13
- Pangong Tso
- Pangong Tso
The REAL LIFE road less travelled..
12 Nights / 13 Days (Delhi, Manali, Jispa, Sarchu, Leh, Nubra Valley, Pangong Tso, Kargil, Srinagar)
Highlights: 11 passes, 3 Lakes, Adventure Sports, Bon Fires, Cultural Show, Photography & hell of a road trip
Health & Safety
Health & safety is the underlying theme of our expedition. We have taken extra care in making this expedition absolutely stress free for our fellow drivers not just from a medical & health risk perspective, but also from a mechanical/vehicle risk point of view as well.
- The convoy is led & controlled by high altitude terrain driving experts who have extensive experience of such convoy drives. They will convey the right assistance & guidance in tough mountain driving conditions.
- A medical practitioner with extensive medical equipment including oxygen supply etc will escort the convoy in high altitude conditions to combat high altitude sickness & other health risks.
- An expert car mechanic equipped with proper tools & a recovery van will escort the convoy.
- Route scouting: Our team will do the entire route check a few days in advance to be updated about the road conditions.
Per Person Cost Full Package: INR 64,999*
All cost mentioned in per person cost on twin sharing basis.
*The price may change without prior notice.
*Terms and conditions apply. For detailed terms and conditions contact our team.
Call us on +91-9811265437, 9871266452 to register today.
For registration and further details like trip format, inclusions and exclusions etc, please get in touch with our team. email@example.com
- Accommodation- Hotels or Camps. Camping equipment for Self Camp.
- Food – Breakfast, & Dinner.
- Photos and Videos of you in action, your video interviews.
- Route planning, convoy crew lead & control vehicles, daily activity scheduling (refreshments stops, local information & trivia etc), walkie-talkie for each car etc.
- All govt/army permits within Ladakh region.
- Recovery van in case of car breakdown. On the spot repairs & labor is included. Spares are not included. Read T&Cs
- Medical supplies & equipment including first aid, basic survival kit & altitude specific supplies.
- Accompanying car mechanic & medical personnel.
- Goodie bag with T Shirt, Caps for all members and stickers for all cars.
- Vehicle, Fuel, any oil, gas etc. Car spare-parts, tyres, service costs, traffic violation fines. Road taxes, state taxes, tolls etc.
- Passenger travel tickets to Delhi. No domestic or international tickets are included.
- Medical Insurance or travel insurance.
- Adventure sports costs: Paragliding & Zorbing in Solang, rafting in River Zanskar, and camel safari in Hunder. It can be included by paying, or can be paid at time of doing it.
- Any costs attributable to vehicle repair which is carried out anywhere else than the place of breakdown, or which cannot be reasonably carried out by our recovery vehicle & mechanic at the time/place of breakdown.
- Any costs attributable to treatment of sickness/ill-health which cannot be reasonably treated by our expedition medical personnel or using our expedition medical equipment or which is carried out anywhere other than place of occurrence of ill-health or sickness.
- Any costs incurred for change in itinerary due to things beyond WA control, like weather, closed roads etc.
- We invite participants from all around the country. We encourage the participants to drive their own vehicles. Wanderers Adventures’ Ladakh on Wheels is a self drive expedition & is not aimed at providing a taxi or a car with driver. Extremely exceptional cases will be treated with special considerations, & will entail extra costs over & above the price specific in this document.
- All participants must have a valid Indian driving license or an International driving license valid in India. We may at our discretion accept or reject, any application.
- The charges specified are on basis of twin sharing per person, and includes accommodation, breakfast and dinner. No refunds will be entertained in case any participant wish to extend stay in Srinagar.
- Any 4 wheel drive OR 2 wheel drive vehicle can be used for participation. The vehicle must be in good condition mechanically. The condition of the brakes, tyres, battery, clutch plates must be in reasonably good condition. The vehicle must have all the required documents that prove it can be legally driven on Indian roads and all permits should be in place. If the owner of the vehicle is not a participant, letter of authority for use of the vehicle needs to be provided.
- Safekeeping of the participants’ vehicle, belongings or any personal items would be sole responsibility of the participant.
- Vehicle mileage and fueling needs of the vehicle should be taken care by the participant, as extra fuel would not be carried by WA team.
- Wanderers Adventure Sports Pvt Ltd will not be held responsible for any changes to the itinerary, amendments or exclusions to the expedition plan and will not be liable for any costs or claims arising from the same, if the changes or exclusions have been the direct or indirect result of a natural disasters, accidents, severe weather changes, or govt or military actions. Wanderers’ crew will go the extra mile in accommodating any such event, to ensure minimum impact to our clients. And as far as reasonably possible we will look to partially refund in case the expedition is cut short in the number activities or the number of days as outlined in this document.
- The recovery vehicle & the car mechanic support is provided as part of the expedition. Not included in this service are any costs attributable to vehicle repair which is carried out anywhere else than the place of breakdown, or which cannot be reasonably carried out by our recovery vehicle & mechanic at the time/place of breakdown. For eg if there is a major incident like the axle breaks. If the mechanic is not able to repair the vehicle, then it will have to be sent to the nearest workshop. Spare parts cost is also not included.
- The medical equipments & the doctor support is provided as part of the expedition. Not included in this service are any costs attributable to treatment of sickness/ill-health, which cannot be reasonably treated by our expedition Doctor or using our expedition medical supplies or which is carried out anywhere else than place of occurrence of ill-health or sickness. WA crew will go beyond their contractual obligation & will aim to provide extended assistance in taking care of the participant’s vehicle & transporting the participant to a safe place where the participant will get good medical help. Cost arising of such incidents would have to be paid by the participants, WA having no liability
- Limitation of Liability: These terms and conditions govern the relation between you, the participant and WA (Wanderers Adventure). You will be bound by these terms and conditions upon joining this expedition. WA responsibility would be limited because of the fact that we liaise with 3rd parties such as hotels, adventure sports companies and other such companies for various arrangements for this expedition.